A question about a recipe: Confit of Pork Parmentier

66fc3129 5a2a 4602 a4a5 4a783b2fae7e  dscf0390

I have a question about the recipe "Confit of Pork Parmentier" from thirschfeld. if making in advance should we take the pork out of the liquid before refrigerating

asked by Jacob almost 4 years ago

No, it says in step 2 (maybe it was 3) that you can make it up to 3 days in advance and leave it in the cooking container. Definitely leave it in the liquid. The recipe sounds delicious.

ChezHenry

No way! The whole idea of "confit" is moisture, slow cooking in a fat braise. You will risk drying out the meat, in fact, my experience is that meats cooked in this manner age beautifully-it'll be better in a few days!

thirschfeld

If I were to confit the pork in advance when it was done cooking I would just slide the whole pot right into the fridge and leaving the pork submerged in the fat.

I love it when questions lead me to new recipes. I have a about 3 lbs of boneless country pork ribs from a heritage pastured pig. It's certainly fattier than pork loin, but I think it may work well. What do you think?