🔕 🔔

I cannot find my recipe that came from an old Gourmet Magazine to make a yeast bread for Christmas - a cinnamon maple "wreath".

asked by ChefAnnie over 3 years ago

Bevi

I found this: http://www.tarabblog.com...

I could not find a thing on the gourmet.com website.

ChefAnnie

Thanks. I'm afraid this is not the recipe I need. I also looked on Gourmet website. I had been making it for many years, so probably from pre-web days.

Meaghan F

Did you try Epicurious? It's a repository for Gourmet and Bon Appetit recipes.

ChefAnnie

Yes, I did an extensive web search to no avail.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

http://call-me-cupcake...
This looks beautiful, although not exactly the same.

ChefAnnie

Definitely not the same! But, thank you for the response.

Catherine

Have you tried contacting Gourmet? They probably have a repository of old recipes. It wouldn't hurt to try.

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

I think it might be from the December 1983 issue, in case anyone has a hard copy they could look at.

arcane54

This is long shot since I don't know where you live, but try your local library. They may have back issues; some libraries even let you check out bound periodicals.

arcane54

I found this recipe, too: http://www.tarabblog.com... casting a wide net via the Dogpile search engine. Also try foodblogsearch.com.

ChefAnnie

I have learned that the recipe is properly titled "Maple Pecan Wreath" and it was published in Gourmet Magazine December 1983 if anyone can post the recipe for me from the magazine. Must be some collectors out there????

Jasmine

I'm going to my in-laws house today, they have a complete collection dating back to 1978. I will look!

Dona

I don't knowmif you're interested, but that issue of Gourmet magazine is for sale on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm...

ChefAnnie, seems like you couldn't ask for a better group of researchers. :-)

Jasmine

I think it found it!

Voted the Best Answer!

ChefAnnie

Jasmine - This is it indeed and I am totally grateful. You were so kind to do this for me and I hope I can return the favor someday. And I agree with Pegeen above. There could not be a better group of researchers. Thank you to everyone who responded and to Amanda and Merill for this totally awesome sight. I will now go read through more questions and see if I can help someone else. Jasmine - you're a doll!

ChefAnnie

Forgot to say, please also thank your in-laws!

Jasmine

It was my pleasure!