How to properly cook dry aged sirloin steaks?

I bought two dry aged sirloin steaks and want to make it for dinner tomorrow night. Firstly, is there any special storage instructions? Secondly, is a pan sauce a good idea?

asked by TFlanz almost 4 years ago

ChezHenry

No special storage needed. A pan sauce is always a great idea.

Michael Ruhlman
Michael Ruhlman

Michael is a food critic and established cookbook author -- Ruhlman's Twenty and Egg: A Culinary Exploration are the most recent additions to his vast body of work.

No special instructions. as you would normally do. Importantly, remove from fridge an hour or two before cooking, and salt and pepper both sides aggressively. Sauce always a good idea. either pan sauce or compound butter. sauteed shallots always good.