🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cook's Illustrated Foolproof Pie Crust

05d6cc14 3354 4066 89b2 95b2fbfaf3ce  2013 1011 when to blind bake 021

I have a question about the recipe "Cook's Illustrated Foolproof Pie Crust" from Genius Recipes. Can vodka be substituted for any other liquor? I do not keep vodka in the house because I do not like it. I have bourbon, scotch, gin and tequila though?

asked by Jacob almost 3 years ago

6f611b78 35b4 4186 89ad c38b035b32f3  08270410avatar messbrasil

Do you have cachaça?It works great on crusts.If not,I would go with the gin.

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Yes, you can choose your liquor based on what you think would go nicely with your filling -- I hear bourbon goes great with apple.

No home should be without vodka! I'm a little skeptical about adding other liquors to the dough. Vodkas neutral flavor make it ideal here, where as the alcohol releases, adds to the flakiness of the crust. Id get some vodka-im sure you or one of your guests will finish it off somehow.