Cinnamon sugar puff help please!

Hi! I'm hoping to have these for Christmas morning but want to make today. I am wondering what will be best so the puffs are still delicious...make fully and then coat in butter and sugar Christmas morning. Or just make the dough today and then cook Christmas morning. And depending on what your answer is should I freeze or leave in the fridge?? Thanks!!

asked by Margaret over 3 years ago

It doesn't seem like preparing the dough takes that long so ideally I would do the whole thing Christmas morning. Alternatively, bake them off today, cool, and cover in airtight container till the day you want to use them. Then do the coating

Katherine

To make in advance, I suggest baking off, then freezing. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, toast Christmas morning, and roll in butter and sugar.

keg72

I've made these a bunch of times, and there really is no comparison to making them the day of. If you really must make them today, I would make them but not coat them, then freeze them and pop them into the oven (just on a cookie sheet) for like 10 minutes (until thawed) and then roll in butter and sugar.