How much (in grams) do 5 cups of sifted A-P flour weigh? For Amanda's Cherry Almond Danish, I'd like to sift the flour into the bowl on the scale. ;o

https://food52.com/recipes... Thank you, everyone. ;o)

Fo All purpose flour: 1 cup= 128 grams

Monita, where did you get the 128 gram per cup ratio? All of the flour I buy shows in the nutrition panel on the side of the bag that 30 grams = 1/4 cup. Thank you. ;o)

Monita, thank you for your prompt reply . . . but the recipe calls for sifted flour. Sifted flour weighs less per cup, doesn't it? ;o)

One cup siftes flour=114 grams. Amazing difference.

This is per King A and one other conversion table.

Thank you so much, Susan W. I'll have to run that conversion table down. (This is the only food-related site or blog I ever visit, so it's good to know about that resource.) Cheers! ;o)

Ah, sorry. Yes, agree with Susan W 114 grams

128-130 grams is from a file I keep on conversions - sorry don't remember original source. But I've learned that US flour weighs differently than outside the US

To make it worse, flours vary depending on brand and humidity. They all just want to drive us bonkers.