Worth cooking defrosted cranberries?

My husband defrosted a bag of frozen cranberries in the fridge overnight, so they are all mushy now (he didn't realize you are supposed to cook straight fr freezer...). Can we still use them to make cranberry sauce? Or something else?

asked by Randi almost 4 years ago

You can still use them. They will just not have the same structure, but the flavor will be there.

There are many recipe that call for frozen cranberries defrosted so you may want to google a recipe. All is not lost or wasted.

Sure. Puree them in a blender or food processor. Then press them through a mesh sieve with a spatula, or a food mill, to separate the skins), and then warm them in a saucepan with other ingredients turn them into something sweet or savory. You could freeze the puree, plain, for a culinary adventure later.