🔕 🔔

Help my cranberry sauce isn’t set

Can I cook my cranberry sauce longer to get it to thicken after it has cooled?

asked by Emily 25 days ago

22fd5949 f671 4eca 9819 de5858b39390  img 7382

What is in your recipe? I finely dice an apple and add it to the sauce as a thickener. Works like a charm. The sauce will be a bit loose when hot and thickens more as it cools.

Be53e5fa f5fe 4601 8d5e 7d9c096a5aed  nog
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

This won't help in your current conundrum, but if you have a super power blender (like a Vitamix), you can blitz your cranberry sauce with the skins on and it will set up perfectly. You won't get the perfectly clear sauce but it is still a beautiful shade of red and it will taste just fine.