🔕 🔔

Will hot-packed cranberry sauce keep in the fridge?

I just made two cooked cranberry sauces and poured them, hot, into clean canning jars. The jars have sealed themselves. I will be keeping them in the fridge until Thanksgiving. Do I need to worry about anything?

One recipe has 1 c. Sugar per 12 oz berries; the other has 1c maple syrup. Both were cooked for 10+ minutes and packed hot.

asked by Windischgirl 10 months ago

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

No worry- cranberry sauce (and cranberries) are very good keepers and Thanksgiving is breathing down our necks.

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Not a problem. I just made mine on Thursday. I always make it well in advance and never had a problem.

8671a78d 7dd4 4230 a4ec 2a67389ef45e  image

Thanks. I'm a pretty confident cook but canning scares me.

I don't can cooked cranberry sauce. I put it in a refrigerator container (glass because it is pretty), enjoy it at Thanksgiving and all year long until it is gone.