Will hot-packed cranberry sauce keep in the fridge?

I just made two cooked cranberry sauces and poured them, hot, into clean canning jars. The jars have sealed themselves. I will be keeping them in the fridge until Thanksgiving. Do I need to worry about anything?

One recipe has 1 c. Sugar per 12 oz berries; the other has 1c maple syrup. Both were cooked for 10+ minutes and packed hot.

asked by Windischgirl about 2 years ago

No worry- cranberry sauce (and cranberries) are very good keepers and Thanksgiving is breathing down our necks.

Not a problem. I just made mine on Thursday. I always make it well in advance and never had a problem.

Windischgirl

Thanks. I'm a pretty confident cook but canning scares me.

Sara Branscum

I don't can cooked cranberry sauce. I put it in a refrigerator container (glass because it is pretty), enjoy it at Thanksgiving and all year long until it is gone.