🔕 🔔

waffles

My waffle recipes says it makes "12 waffles" yet I only get two from the recipe (the deep kind, which I think is Belgian??) When they say "12" are they saying 3 waffles = 12 because you break them apart? Or am I doing something very wrong?!

asked by Denise over 2 years ago

Strange. I don't think at all that it's because you break them apart (who does that, anyhow, right?). My friends and I make waffles once a week, so I guess I'm curious what your recipe says. . . . Maybe they're not leavening properly? Maybe they're thinking of those wimpy little waffles that are skinny?

I think it means three times that you pour and cook a set of 4 waffles, assuming you have a waffle iron like this: goo.gl/B1B1ws
If you have a belgian waffle maker with the really deep pockets, I could see you only getting two pours. How much flour does your recipe use? In a quick browse on here, I've seen 2 cups of flour giving anywhere from 4-8 waffles.