A question about a recipe: Whole Slow Cooker-Poached Chicken

72d20a20 a5e7 4914 8991 29b101f7f8e6  15421000683 727f67d981 b

I have a question about the recipe "Whole Slow Cooker-Poached Chicken" from Nicholas Day. Has anyone tried making this in a NuWave oven instead of a crockpot? And if so what setting did you use?

asked by Joise over 3 years ago

I had a NuWave a couple of years ago. Unless they have changed dramatically, I don't think you could use it for this recipe. They aren't made for soups, stews or poaching. Everything cooks on a rack with dry heat circulating.

You could easily adapt it to a dutch oven either on the stovetop on a low simmer or in a low (275-300f) oven.