freezing cooked beans

I plan on making a soup with cannellini beans and farro later this week, Friday actually. Can I cook the beans this weekend and freeze the beans and the stock until then.

asked by Lucia from Madison over 3 years ago

Stephanie G

I don't see why not. I always have beans in my freezer...all kinds.

I often/always freeze beans. Usually they are in a soup or Merrills Brothy Garlicky beans, but sometimes they are just soaked and cooked. It has always worked great.

I just realized you mean freeze the beans and stock together. Absolutely.

Lucia from Madison

Actually I was going to freeze them separately. But good to know they can go together!
Thanks for the help!