I made a chocolate truffle Christmas tree. Which was a big hit at a party. I had some leftover and thought why not add some rum. Well now it is not becoming hard enough to make into a ball. It is too sticky. Any suggestions on what to add or turn into something else?

asked by Erin K almost 8 years ago

Maybe add some crushed chocolate cookies like in Amanda's fudgy bourbon balls: http://www.food52.com/blog...

beyondcelery

I agree with hardlikearmour; think bourbon or rum balls. Cookie crumbs, cake crumbs, ground nuts, and powdered sugar would each be a great addition to your concoction and should help absorb some of the moisture. Try combining a few of them for different flavor results.

jeinde

Melt with some heavy cream and turn it into a fondue.

Erin K

Thanks. I added of all things Chips Ahoy since I am snowed in today and couldn't get to store. I also added unsweetened cocoa powder. Thanks again!

Chocolate+ Rum= One Happy Girl!

nice improvisation! glad it worked out.