Mini Phyllo Shell

I found a John Besh recipe for Oyster Tartlets that sound like a great appetizer or passed hors d'oeuvres. The problem is that I cannot find what he refers to as mini phyllo shells anywhere. They appear to be smooth, round, and very thin. Everything I find via google does not match up to the picture. See link- http://www.foodandwine...

Does anyone have an idea of where to get these and/or the manufacturer?

asked by Tony S over 3 years ago

Stephanie

The only thing I could think would be to make your own, using small bowls to give the rounded quality. Although, aside from appearance, I can't imagine the smooth shells making any substantive difference compared to standard mini phyllo tart shells.

Stephanie

Tony S.: Just to clarify, the reason I suggested making your own, in bowls, is because I looked at the photo in the link you posted. I do see that you're looking for smoothed (as the photo shows) shells, rather than the commercially available ruffled type. While the answers below speak to the availability of phyllo shells and tartlets, the muffin tin technique doesn't give the smooth appearance that you seem to be looking for. Good luck!

Do you reside in NC? If so, Athens make them. Here's the website for Athens and where to buy the mini phyllo shells. http://www.athensfoods...

LE BEC FIN

tony, he's just brushing melted butter between 2 sheets of filo,buttering the top layer and then cutting the rectangle into a grid, and gently pushing each square down into mini muffin tins. Bake and fill.