I want to make Everyday Chocolate Cherry Tarts, but I need to make them mini tarts. Do I need to adjust the recipe/instructions?

This is the recipe for the tarts: https://food52.com/recipes...
I don't have a normal sized tart pan, only small tartlet pans. How would I adjust the baking time, instructions, etc. Also, can I use King Arthur Bread Flour for these?

asked by Amy over 4 years ago

Liza's Kitchen NYC

Hi Amy,
Bread flour is different from pastry flour, being that it's protein content is much higher. While you could substitute out all-purpose flour (and maybe add a couple tablespoons of cornstarch per scant cup) I wouldn't use bread flour. With regards to time, I'd check the tart shells starting at 7-10 minutes and see if they are close to done - same with the filling. Hope this helps!