Fruit compote/sauce

Last night I made a blackberry fruit sauce with 2 cups blackberries, 2 TBS sugar and 2 TBS maple syrup. Left if out to cool and forgot it. I hate to throw it out but I don't want to get sick over it either...your thoughts?

asked by Stephanie G over 3 years ago

Is it cold where you are? If your kitchen is cool I bet it's fine - though I know the common thought is "when in doubt throw it out" but it's not animal based. I would probably bring it back to a simmer then cool it again then fridge it.

Bascula

It should be fine. The worst that can happen is that it fermented a tiny bit, and lots of people do that on purpose!

keg72

I'm not a food safety expert, but if I'd done that, I would smell it and, presuming it smells fine, taste a tiny bit. My guess is that it'll be just fine.

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris