🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Mujaddara with Spiced Yogurt

B22e411f adbb 446f ad00 f349080d40d5  010411f 496

I have a question about the recipe "Mujaddara with Spiced Yogurt" from Rivka. Can I use this rice cooking method with any type of pot?

asked by Emily Love almost 3 years ago

D4bb8500 a3be 4577 b992 6f896286c8e2  spoon

I think you can use any kind of pot you want, as long as it is oven safe. Check with the manufacturer of your kitchenware and also know the maximum oven-safe temperature it can reach. Check for plastic parts too, especially on your pot's lid - the actual vessel may be safe to put in the oven but the lid may not be due to a plastic handle or glass that isn't oven-safe.

2525f653 b225 4c8f 9925 212187a6f013  2aea6da

thank you! ended up using a dutch oven, was too nervous to use my regular pots that have glass lids..

Emily, that was a good idea. Not all glass lids fare well in the oven, as my dear father learned the hard way when making a big pot of beef burgundy for a party last year. (It shattered, ruining his beautiful stew.) ;o)