Last day! Take 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go grant some wishes » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

Why does it say on my pack of dried anchovies "cook before consumption"?

I got this pack of dried anchovies from the Chinese Supermarket. I thought that the fish would be similar to the Icelandic dried fish (and they are). I was just shocked that I have to cook them. The primary reason I bought them is to have something tasty to snack on.

I'd appreciate any explanation. Are they not clean or in harmful when ate not cooked?

Thanks!

asked by Lena almost 2 years ago
0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

May have something to do with how they're processed and they're not quite clean.
But you can make a Korean bean sprout soup with them. https://www.youtube.com...
In that video she cleans out the insides of the anchovies and discards the guts.