Cooked short ribs on too low temp for 2.5 hours. Can I increase time to proper temperature for a short time without ruining the texture?

Didn’t convert Celsius to Fahrenheit like an idiot. Braised the short ribs for 2.5 hours at 180 degrees F. Can I increase to 350 F for 45 minutes or so to get the desired fall-apart tender meat??

asked by Bree 23 days ago

Eric Kim
Eric Kim

Eric is the Senior Editor at Food52

Hm, something like that! Don't worry that you cooked it on low—you've essentially "slow-cooked" it, which only ends up tasting very delicious. I'd amp it up to 300-325°F and cook for another 30 to 45 minutes. My short ribs, I always take them to 3 hrs at 250°F, so you're fine. Hope that helps.

Bree

Thank you! I increased to 350 for 45 minutes and that has improved the texture but I’m still not satisfied. I put it in 20 more minutes.