One Pot Kale and Quinoa----this is one of the most delicious dishes I have ever made...

having a huge crowd on Saturday for a traditional Irish dinner......I really want to serve this as a side dish. I made it lat night and reheated it tonight but it wasn't as good...I am assuming I can make this early and serve it at room temperature??? https://food52.com/recipes...

asked by bamcnamara over 3 years ago

LE BEC FIN

Seems like you might be the best person to answer that question! but as far as 'safe', it certainly would not be dangerous to do that. IF you decide you prefer the experience of it HOT, I would just suggest you prepare the most difficult or lengthy part- ahead of time, and finish it off at the last minute. But you probably already thought of that...!

Stephanie

While I haven't tried this recipe, I have made similar dishes and totally understand what you're saying about them losing a bit of their luster. I'd suggest making the kale/quinoa mix but not putting it into the dressing until you're ready to serve. Then you can reheat it and add to the dressing. Best of luck!

You COULD make the dish ahead and dress it just before service, but the author of the recipe intended the grain and greens to blend with the dressing while still quite warm - Not doing that would change the flavor and texture of the dish quite a lot.