🔕 🔔

Pressure Cooker (Electric) Questions

I've been using my lovely new InstantPot to make lots of things. I've attempted several grains recently that have turned out horribly. Last night, I did farro and it came out mushy and overcooked. It was 1:3 water and 15 minutes in the cooker. It was basically oatmeal when I was finished. Has anyone had any luck cooking grains in their pressure cooker without overcooking?

asked by Nicole Otis over 2 years ago

I also have an InstantPot, and I never tried grain cooking in a pressure cooker after reading this post on Serious Eats... http://www.seriouseats...

60ba74bc 6a4f 4c88 8709 403baf7b4da7  img956600

Thank you so much for that article! It answered most of the questions I had about this! Now what to do with a whole container of overcooked farro? Lol...I have no idea.