🔕 🔔

On the market for a new rice cooker...

I'd like to get a new one, but am wondering if there's something better out there that's more multipurpose? It would be nice if I could cook grains like farro, quinoa, brown rice in the new knick knack too. Any recommendations, my fellow cooks?

asked by stephanieRD 3 months ago

I have owned the 1 setting click model and the fancy fuzzy logic Zojirushi (from Costco $90). I love them both. Since you want something that is multipurpose, I recommend the Zojirushi. Yes, they are pricey, but they're reliable and makes cooking grains, such as brown rice, much easier. Zojirushi has a nifty chart on cooking other grains, http://www.zojirushi.com...

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I second Halfpint's recommendation for the Zojirushi rice cooker.

Be53e5fa f5fe 4601 8d5e 7d9c096a5aed  nog
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

I also strongly recommend the Zojirushi Rice Cooker. Yah, fuzzy logic! Also, if you're interested, their travel mugs are ridiculously good. I have one for coffee and one for iced drinks. If I'm lazy, I'll go to make my iced thermos the next morning and still have to dump out the cubes from the day before. Oh, and their bread maker is also fantastic. Can't say enough about the Zojirushi products