🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Louisa's Cake

251ea3fb bebc 4b20 bc02 c3a1e935504f  2016 0309 italian lemon ricotta cake for easter james ransom 041

I have a question about the recipe "Louisa's Cake" from Jennifer Wagner. Do you squeeze out the apple? My shredded apples gave off a lot of juice, about 1/2c all told

asked by Windischgirl almost 3 years ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Hi Windischgirl, the recipe doesn't call for squeezing the juice out of the shredded apples—though you're right, 1/2 C of juice from 1 C of apples does seem extra juicy!

I have made this cake a half dozen or more times. never squeezed out any juice. also ever made a lot of effort to be exact about the one cup of apple. it has been glorious every time.