What is the best recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies? for staying fresh through the mail

I am trying to send a care package to a friend who loves oatmeal raisin cookies, but I am afraid that they will grow hard or stale in the mail. Does anyone have a long lasting recipe?

asked by littlechef16 about 3 years ago

Garlic Fiend

I only know of the traditional recipe. When I send cookies, I just place them in a ziplock bag and iff they go, either USPS or FedEx. They should arrive in a couple of days. No one has complained yet :) I think anyone would appreciate any care package of homemade cookies regardless of the staleness of the cookies :)

I think these Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are the best ever. And they stay soft. And are great for shipping. https://food52.com/recipes... I double wrap my cookies for shipping on a foil-wrapped cardboard, and then into a zip lock bag.

A good trick is to substitute about 10% of the sugar with corn syrup. It is very hygroscopic, meaning that it absorbs moisture from the atmosphere. Too, it inhibits sugar crystals from recrystallizing after baking. The moral of the story: the cookies stay soft and tender.

put a wedge of sliced apple in the box.