A question about a recipe: Ultra Thin Chocolate Chunk Cookies

479fb5ae a4b2 44b8 9a0f fa762454bfdb  2015 0428 thin chocolate chip cookies mark weinberg 0354

I have a question about the recipe "Ultra Thin Chocolate Chunk Cookies" from Alice Medrich. Can whole oats substitute for quick cooked oats in this recipe? How would the sub impact the final product?

asked by mstew about 3 years ago

Windischgirl

In a pinch, I would make the sub. However, I think the texture would be thicker and chewier, not as thin and delicate as the original, and thus not as crispy either.
You can always turn whole (old fashioned rolled) oats into quick cook oats by pulsing the oats in a food processor about 4-5 times, until they are about 1/3 of the original size.