I've got an abundance of cilantro. I have used for some, but what can I do to store it for later use? Freeze? Marinades? Ideas please.

Looking for possible marinades with cilantro

asked by Pamela731 over 3 years ago

m@007

Chop, put into plastic ice cube tray, & cover with olive oil. Freeze, pop out & store in freezer bag to use at a later time:)

See this for some ideas
https://food52.com/hotline...
or search "herbs" in hotline for more suggestions.

Kathy K

Use it to make pesto.

SilverSage

Kenji on Serious Eats just did a detailed experiment on all of the suggested storage solutions for fresh herbs. He concluded that cilantro is best washed immediately when you bring it home. Trim the stems and put in in a jar with water. Then slip a plastic bag over the whole thing and rubber band it to the jar. Mine kept that way in the fridge for 3 or 4 weeks.

Article is here. http://www.seriouseats...

thirteenJ

I make cilantro ice cubes. Whirl cilantro and a little water in food processor , spoon into ice cube tray and freeze.