Dinner suggestions

So I am planning a special dinner for my other half but he has a lot of recent dietary restrictions. According to his doctors, he has to avoid acidic foods, extremely fatty foods, and foods that are difficult to digest. So I am thinking some sort of fish, any suggestions? Also need ideas for sides and dessert!

asked by Sweets about 3 years ago

Meaghan F

I think seafood sounds great, although it is so often paired with lemon! Maybe take advantage of the season to do simply steamed filets, shrimp, or scallops with a garlic-herb paste. On the side, asparagus & morels - seasonal, delicious, luxurious - and, if you can manage it, homemade pasta, which needs nothing more than a little butter and s&p. For dessert, can't beat fresh berries served with quality chocolate b

Sweets

Great suggestions! Thank you!

Grill this swordfish https://food52.com/recipes... and don't use the lemon. Rinse the capers very well and use a bit of white wine instead of lemon. Easy, festive, delicious!

Sweets

That sounds so simple and good. Thanks!

Sweets

That sounds so simple and good. Thanks!

scruz

for an easy on the tummy fish, i go for petrale or dover sole (or some other delicate fish) and my fav marinade of a bit of soy, grated ginger, toasted sesame oil and mirin (or a titch of honey). i put it in the bottom of a foil lined tray and dip both sides in the marinade (only enough to just coat both sides) and then bake. very clean and light tasting. and some white rice with avacado and apple slices on the side. very light and i think it might be easy on the stomach. maybe sliced bananas for desert in melted sugar sauce. good luck to him.