What to cook/make with a bottle of rose?

I just opened a 750ml bottle of rose, and did not like it much…. It’s a good wine, so I wonder what to make with it. I do not quite want sangria or cocktails, prefer something edible and refreshing… Perhaps granita? Any thoughts and suggestions are very much appreciated.

sdebrango May 29, 2015

Sangria granita, I love rose with peaches and raspberries you could make into a sorbet.

QueenSashy May 29, 2015

I am thinking about the same :)

sdebrango May 29, 2015

I think I'll go buy a bottle of rose just to make it, now you have me wanting some

QueenSashy May 29, 2015

and I am thinking a drop of rosewater...

sdebrango May 29, 2015

I think rosewater, just a drop would be wonderful. I am going to make some tomorrow. Can't wait. You have inspired me.

JulieS
JulieS May 29, 2015

How about a rose sangria? I have made one from Bobby Flay for years. 1 bottle rose, 1/4 c brandy, 1/4 c triple sec., 1 c fresh OJ, 1/4 c simple syrup (I infuse my with culinary dried lavender), then I love to add stone fruit and blackberries. It's delicious! I promise!

arcane54
arcane54 May 30, 2015

Wine jelly? Plus a drop of rose water...

Nancy May 31, 2015

If you still have the rose around, and this is to your taste, try a cold fruit soup, using the wine for some or all of the water. Many recipes around. Here's a quick overview http://www.wikihow.com...

QueenSashy June 2, 2015

Thank you all for great suggestions. I made jelly, but somewhere along the way, in the spur of the moment, abandoned the rose water idea for cardamom pods. I also reduced half of the wine a little before adding it to the rest, and it turned out great!!!

sdebrango June 3, 2015

I hope I will see this on your blog, I love jelly and can't wait to see this, I imagine how delicious it is. I am going to make a sorbet as soon as my fruit is ripe enough to add.