🔕 🔔

Any suggestions for horned melon/kiwano recipes? Preferably food, not cocktails.

I bought some African Horned Melon from my farmer's market, and don't really know what to do with them. But that's the fun part of making food right? Food52 has zero recipes for these spiny things, and other sites turned up cocktails and salsa, so I'm hoping someone on the hotline has cooked or baked with these before. I was thinking maybe using them to make some sort of cream/curd for a tart? Thoughts, suggestions, and tips would be appreciated!

asked by Stephanie B. 18 days ago

Haven't made them yet, but saw some recipes for grilled beef with a horned melon sauce that looked good.

83b2f7bb 6d57 4b26 a96e f27f66b1e409  14355058 10103657439758468 7616383974552013464 n

Thanks Nancy! Seems like I'm just going to have to experiment and see what happens.