Cream of mushroom substitute

I need to make Tuna casserole tonight, but I have no cream of mushroom. Is there a substitute for this?

asked by Deedeelicious over 3 years ago

I've made this several times. It's really tasty.

Oops..here's the link.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe...

Deedeelicious

Wowowow! Thank you so much! I have no bread crumbs so I'll use potato chips instead :)
Thank you!

I love the idea of potato chips. Crispy, salty. Yum!!

There surely is an easy substitute. Just make a white sauce. Add mushrooms or not, as you like. I would never use cream of mushroom soup. Just look at what's in it!

thirteenJ

cream of celery soup

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Yeah, just a few tablespoons of butter, assorted wild mushrooms (shallots, thyme and garlic if you desire), salt, pepper, a few tablespoons of flour, a quart of milk. Et voila. You don't really have to measure, just estimate how much you'll need and make accordingly. Extra can be frozen.