🔕 🔔

How do I SANITIZE and clean non-stick pans properly?

So I want to sanitize, not just clean, my non-stick pans. I do not have a dishwasher and have been using sponges with soapy water...but this time around I'm wondering if there is a way I could disinfect/sanitize. Use bleach? Soak them in boiling hot water? Vinegar?

asked by TFlanz over 2 years ago

No need to go to that extent. Water and dish soap are getting rid of all particles that any bacteria would grow on. No food..no bacteria.

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

What Susan W said, plus you are cooking in the pan. The heat is a disinfectant, though if you're using soap and water, it's already clean. Even if you had a dishwasher, I wouldn't recommend putting your pans in it.

Good point about about the heat. Duh me. :)