A question about a recipe: Braised Green Chorizo Meatballs and Eggs in a Harissa Tomato Sauce

49df0d3a 742d 46f3 ab9f b4b0f928126f  greenchorizo08

I have a question about the recipe "Braised Green Chorizo Meatballs and Eggs in a Harissa Tomato Sauce" from Jenny H | Hello My Dumpling. I don't see the fire roasted tomatoes listed on the ingredient list. What size can?

asked by Mecross over 3 years ago

pending the recipe author jumping in, this dish (both from reading and picture) sounds like a version of shakshuka (20 recipes here) which is a tomato-based sauce in which eggs are poached. So the tomatoes were inadvertently left out of the sauce recipe. Start with 1 cup and add more to your liking - to your taste, to your eye. It's not baking, which is chemistry and precise.

Jenny Huang | Hello My Dumpling

Well you can't very well have tomato sauce without tomatoes! I used a 14.5 oz can. Recipe should be correct now. Hope you enjoy the dish!

Mecross

Thank you so much for your response. The recipe looks yummy!