🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Braised Green Chorizo Meatballs and Eggs in a Harissa Tomato Sauce

49df0d3a 742d 46f3 ab9f b4b0f928126f  greenchorizo08

I have a question about the recipe "Braised Green Chorizo Meatballs and Eggs in a Harissa Tomato Sauce" from Jenny H | Hello My Dumpling. I don't see the fire roasted tomatoes listed on the ingredient list. What size can?

asked by Mecross over 2 years ago

pending the recipe author jumping in, this dish (both from reading and picture) sounds like a version of shakshuka (20 recipes here) which is a tomato-based sauce in which eggs are poached. So the tomatoes were inadvertently left out of the sauce recipe. Start with 1 cup and add more to your liking - to your taste, to your eye. It's not baking, which is chemistry and precise.

0016349a 5001 42ba 8b6c 4475587e9270  portrait 800 square

Well you can't very well have tomato sauce without tomatoes! I used a 14.5 oz can. Recipe should be correct now. Hope you enjoy the dish!

Thank you so much for your response. The recipe looks yummy!