What can I do with cooked white beans and tomatoes?

I made them (cooked white beans sauteed with onion and rosemary and thyme and tomatoes) and froze them, thinking they'd be a nice side dish. But they seem kind of boring by themselves and I keep skipping over them for dinner. Does anyone have any ideas about how to incorporate them in a more exciting dish?

Uncle Jess
Uncle Jess July 11, 2015

Warm them and top with grilled shrimp.

Natalie
Natalie July 11, 2015

You could always throw them in a food processor with maybe some lemon juice, olive oil, tahini and make a white bean hummus/dip!
You could make a bean and rice bowl -- rice, top with the beans, avocado, chopped tomato, cilantro and a fried egg.

HalfPint July 11, 2015

And smoked sausage like a kielbasa. Smoked bacon would be good too.

Nancy July 11, 2015

Use them to build a cassoulet (either traditional or vegetarian)...heavy for summer fare, so keep them frozen until the weather turns where you live. Or make British baked beans (see Felicity Cloake in The Guardian newspaper, how to make perfect baked beans)

Susan W July 12, 2015

My favorite bean recipe on this site. Sounds like yours just need a little spunk.
https://food52.com/recipes...

Kristen W.
Kristen W. July 12, 2015

I loved this recipe:
http://smittenkitchen.com...
I used chicken stock instead of veg stock, and added some bacon and used the bacon fat to sauté the aromatics, and it was super-delicious.

dinner at ten
dinner at ten July 13, 2015

You could use it as a filling for a galette, maybe with some fresh goat cheese or feta cheese crumbled in. I would also recommend adding in a good quantity of chopped parsley, and maybe a sprinkle of Aleppo pepper flakes if you have them, to freshen up the flavor.

Jennifer W
Jennifer W July 14, 2015

I love white beans with sauteed kale, diced tomatoes, cajun shrimp and crumbled bacon! Healthy and satisfying one pot dish:)