What can I do with cooked white beans and tomatoes?

I made them (cooked white beans sauteed with onion and rosemary and thyme and tomatoes) and froze them, thinking they'd be a nice side dish. But they seem kind of boring by themselves and I keep skipping over them for dinner. Does anyone have any ideas about how to incorporate them in a more exciting dish?

asked by jennifer over 3 years ago

Uncle Jess

Warm them and top with grilled shrimp.

Natalie

You could always throw them in a food processor with maybe some lemon juice, olive oil, tahini and make a white bean hummus/dip!
You could make a bean and rice bowl -- rice, top with the beans, avocado, chopped tomato, cilantro and a fried egg.

And smoked sausage like a kielbasa. Smoked bacon would be good too.

Use them to build a cassoulet (either traditional or vegetarian)...heavy for summer fare, so keep them frozen until the weather turns where you live. Or make British baked beans (see Felicity Cloake in The Guardian newspaper, how to make perfect baked beans)

My favorite bean recipe on this site. Sounds like yours just need a little spunk.
https://food52.com/recipes...

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

I loved this recipe:
http://smittenkitchen.com...
I used chicken stock instead of veg stock, and added some bacon and used the bacon fat to sauté the aromatics, and it was super-delicious.

dinner at ten
dinner at ten

dinner at ten is a trusted home cook.

You could use it as a filling for a galette, maybe with some fresh goat cheese or feta cheese crumbled in. I would also recommend adding in a good quantity of chopped parsley, and maybe a sprinkle of Aleppo pepper flakes if you have them, to freshen up the flavor.

Jennifer W

I love white beans with sauteed kale, diced tomatoes, cajun shrimp and crumbled bacon! Healthy and satisfying one pot dish:)