🔕 🔔

Why does my bread remain uncooked

I have been baking High Protein Bread with Protein powders. With Whey Pea Soy and Casein Protein. It browns on the outside very fast but remains uncooked from within. What may be the reason. Could you please help?

asked by Vinay over 2 years ago

You're adding a lot of density with all the heavy protein-loaded powders. There are a few solutions. Either reduce the amounts you use, or reduce the size of your loaves. If a batch typically produces 2 loaves, divide it into 3 loaves. Then, rather than bake them in a traditional loaf pan, shape them as hearth loaves and bake them on a sheet pan lined with parchment. Just before placing them in the oven, be sure to score them generously and deeply, a good half inch. Scoring will help release moisture and help them to get done to the center. Please let us know how this works for you.

Thank you for your quick response. Thank you for answering my question.
But I need to bake this in a tradition loaf pan. Is there a way i could do the same without having a Raw doughy crumb and a dark crust?
Waiting to hear from you.
Thanks again.

In that case, I'd still suggest making smaller loaves and more of them. At what temperature are you baking them?

Hi i have been baking at 2 different temperatures

1) 160 degrees C for 25 - 30 mins
2) 220 degrees C for 20 - 25 mins.

Is it okay?

160 degrees Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes is too low and not long enough. 220, on the other hand, is too high. I would suggest a happy medium of 180 degrees, and also that you invest in an instant-read or digital thermometer. Begin taking the temperature of your bread after 30 minutes. Do not remove it from the oven until it registers at least 85 degrees Celsius. Baking times are rarely firm and fixed. Let the thermometer be your ultimate guide.

I do hope that you find success with the other suggestions; just wanted to also add that sometimes a recipe just doesn't work for baking, which is why there is so much effort that goes into them before they're published. Hopefully yours will work, but it might be that the proportions will always have this problem.