dumb question, what's better with chicken vegetable stir fry and white rice...soy sauce or teriyaki?

asked by @McCollumAshley almost 8 years ago

nutcakes

I'd go with the terriyaki. Soy alone is a little one dimensional. I use soy sauce with chicken stock, oyster sauce, chile sause and sherry if I have it. Thickened with cornstarch and water slurry.

campagnes

If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose teriyaki; I usually end up making my own similar to nutcakes' idea above. I find straight soy sauce awfully salty, even the reduced-sodium kind.

Bevi

Teriyaki does have more layered flavor. It's easy to overdo soy sauce and wind up with a very salty concoction.

gingerroot

Agree with all the others about teriyaki over straight soy - in a pinch, for a quick and easy teriyaki sauce, combine equal parts soy sauce and sugar, plus garlic, fresh ginger, scallions and cornstarch slurry to thicken.