How to mince ginger

What to use to mince fresh ginger

asked by Lawrence Bigelow almost 3 years ago

CanadaDan

A knife? It's cuts really easily. I chopped it till it's fine just like garlic but if I want it really fine (ie if I'm putting it in a marinade or soup or sauce) I used a box grater or a micro plane. Lots of easy options...

Knife or a microplane. To use a knife, peel it or not (I do) cut it into coins, then strips and mince up the strips.

Peel it and put in your Cuisinart. Or Vitamix. Mince a good bit and freeze it.

Jenny Maria

Freeze it and Then grete it

I use a knife, but I've seen TV cooks who cut it across grain in fairly short pieces (after peeling) and smash it with the side of a knife and call it a mince- can't really tell how well it works from the TV picture.

Panfusine

I use one of those ceramic horseradish graters, its ideal for ginger. they're available in any oriental grocery stores or at Crate & Barrel.
http://www.crateandbarrel...

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I always use a microplane for ginger and garlic...you can do it right over the vessel and its always evenly minced.

I always use my microplane. Super quick, I often don't even peel it first.

scruz

garlic press. i use my press for onions and also hot chilis. works like a charm on a lot of things.

stacy

I keep my ginger in the freezer, take it out and peel it with a knife or even a spoon then grate it with a handheld microplane