Leftover frangipane

I have a small amount of frangipane leftover from making bostock. Would love ideas for simple ways to use it other than a tart or almond croissant! Cookies, cakes? Tarts are an obvious use but was looking for something different. Many thanks!

asked by Posie (Harwood) Brien almost 3 years ago

I would chop it up and blend in some vanilla ice cream.

use it like custard in a mini version of trifle
or as glue between the two halves of a macaron
or mixed with brandy and shaken with ice for a rich cocktail

Sarah Jampel
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

Chop it up and put it into scones. OR MANDELBREAD! http://mynameisyeh.com... Those are incredible.

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I've just baked frangipane in mini muffin tins (well greased) and topped them with berries, glaze or cream. I served them as petit four at an even because my actual dessert didn't work out (worst day ever). I bolstered the frangipane with more coarsely chopped almonds and a touch of Amaretto, but frangipane is lovely as is.

HogarthPress

I use any leftover frangipane as a base for any galette, which is similar to a tart but much easier to make!

I would also add some sliced almonds into the frangipane, and either make it into a chewy, crunchy streusel-like almond topping for a muffin or cake or bake it up first to use as a topping for ice cream!