🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sweet Potato and Chickpea Cakes

72932382 ad48 4ef3 bb63 74c499bb04d0  chickpea

I have a question about the recipe "Sweet Potato and Chickpea Cakes" from Gena Hamshaw. Think I could make these with just chickpeas?? As in, minus the sweet potato? I'm out!

asked by marmar almost 2 years ago

C04d249c ce6c 4b53 a221 55abd824bca0  gena hamshaw by james ransom

Hi Maren!

It should be just fine, but my concern with veggie burgers is always texture, and without the sweet potato, these might get dry and/or crumbly. I'd try adding a bit liquid as you mash the chickpeas and the chickpea flour, and using intuition and your eyes to see if the burgers are getting too dry. I hope it works!

Agree with Gena. Fine for taste (France, Italy, India all have chick-peas-only pancakes), worry a little about texture. If you have some carrot, summer or winter squash or plain potato (any color) maybe chop finely & add them for moisture.

sorry if I sounded presumptuous. only noticed after I posted comment that you are also author of recipe. All deference to originator :)