A question about a recipe: Sweet Potato and Chickpea Cakes

72932382 ad48 4ef3 bb63 74c499bb04d0  chickpea

I have a question about the recipe "Sweet Potato and Chickpea Cakes" from Gena Hamshaw. Think I could make these with just chickpeas?? As in, minus the sweet potato? I'm out!

asked by marmar about 3 years ago

Gena Hamshaw

Hi Maren!

It should be just fine, but my concern with veggie burgers is always texture, and without the sweet potato, these might get dry and/or crumbly. I'd try adding a bit liquid as you mash the chickpeas and the chickpea flour, and using intuition and your eyes to see if the burgers are getting too dry. I hope it works!

Agree with Gena. Fine for taste (France, Italy, India all have chick-peas-only pancakes), worry a little about texture. If you have some carrot, summer or winter squash or plain potato (any color) maybe chop finely & add them for moisture.

sorry if I sounded presumptuous. only noticed after I posted comment that you are also author of recipe. All deference to originator :)