a good recipe for goats cheese, that ISN'T a salad please? Got some lovely stuff that I need to use.

esgray
esgray April 22, 2011

A quick week night recipe I like is a goat's cheese quesadilla. Works best with a sharper goat cheese. http://www.nytimes.com...

mrslarkin April 22, 2011

Lots of goats cheese recipes here in the archives. Lots of salads, but scroll through and you'll find some none salad ideas:

nannydeb
nannydeb April 22, 2011

We like these a lot:

healthierkitchen
healthierkitchen April 22, 2011

Marcella hazan has a recipe where you use goat cheese in lieu of parmigiano and it's delicious. Just do the basil, nuts, garlic, olive oil as usual and then after mixing those, add a few tablespoons of goat cheese and mix with a spoon. It's also delicious baked with shrimp and tomatoes or even mixed into a tomato sauce to make it creamy.

susan g April 22, 2011

If it's spreadable, I like it on sandwiches -- on, with, or as.

student epicure
student epicure April 22, 2011

also delicious added to ramekins with an egg and fresh ground pepper and baked. add a spritz of lemon juice for an easy breakfast!

Kayb
Kayb April 22, 2011

I love it in lasagna.

healthierkitchen
healthierkitchen April 22, 2011

Sorry I should-have specified that the Marcella recipe is a pesto!

CazHill
CazHill April 22, 2011

Use some goat cheese as a layer in the middle of a hamburger, then rub the burger with spicy Cajun dry rub seasoning, and drop it on the cast iron skittle. add a little oil if the burger is low in fat content to prevent sticking. Be sure the cheese is at room temp to allow the meat next to it to cook properly.

amysarah April 22, 2011

Mix it up with some chopped fresh herbs (chives, basil, parsley - whatever you like) and S&P - even better, add some finely chopped sundried tomatoes (the kind soaking in olive oil) and/or black olives, or some lemon zest, and/or...you get the picture.

Loosen the skin on some chicken parts (thighs and breasts work best) and smear a thick coating under the skin. Drizzle skin with olive oil, S&P to taste, and roast until cooked through and skin nicely brown. Serve with a wedge of lemon. Good stuff.

SKK April 22, 2011

Lavender goat cheese spread - Ingredients
12 ounces soft goat cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoons sea salt

It is divine. Got it from a Whole Foods recipe.

Aimless
Aimless April 22, 2011

Large log (11 oz?) of plain goat cheese in food processor along with 3 heaping tablespoons of good mango chutney. Process until smooth, then taste and add a judicious additional amount of chutney if needed to achieve a balanced flavor, with neither ingredient dominating. Melt a tablespoon of butter and add half a cup of pecans, broken into large pieces with your fingers. Toast the pecans in the butter until golden brown, and towards the end add half a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of sugar or honey. Put frozen packaged phyllo cups on a small baking sheet, and fill each about half way with the goat-mango mixture. Top with pecans. Place in 350 degree oven for about ten minutes, just to warm them up. Serve warm or at room temp. This recipe will make about 32 utterly delicious savory tarts.

With any left over goat-mango mixture: Saute boneless chicken breasts quickly in mixture of butter and olive oil, say five minutes on each side, and get them nicely browned. Then transfer to a broiler pan, smear the top with the goat-mango mixture and run under the broiler, watching carefully, to brown the mixture and finish cooking.

sarah k.
sarah k. April 22, 2011

Wow, that lavender stuff sounds incredible! Trader Joe's once did a sample with melba toasts or pita crackers that had a spread made with goat cheese, India relish (just a spicy tomato chutney) and currants. It was lovely, and I prepared it once as a topper for belgian endives. A wine tasting I went to recently had rosemary crackers with goat cheese and dalmatian fig preserves, which was also lovely.

gina_berthold
gina_berthold April 22, 2011

I love this sweet potato and goat cheese frittata

Homemadecornbread
Homemadecornbread April 22, 2011

Put it on a pretty plate, pour some honey on top, sprinkle with fresh thyme and spread it on french bread. A nice, light dessert! Also good with an accompaniment of fresh fruit and sparkling wine.