Trying to make Bobby Flay's recipe for balsamic meatloaf into meatballs. I'm baking them so should I adjust time/temp? Should baked meatballs cook slower

SouthernCooking
SouthernCooking January 6, 2011

Bake them at the same temperature but for a shorter time. Use a meat thermometer and check one of them after a 1/2 hour. I'm guessing they will take about 45 minutes depending on the size of the meatballs. I think meatballs are a great idea for meat loaf recipes--I never thought of that!

OnBlank
OnBlank January 6, 2011

I actually made meatloaf cupcakes for dinner tonight! I like having meatloaf on a weeknight without having to wait all night for the loaf to cook, plus easy packing for lunch tomorrow. I'd venture meatloaf balls would bake the same way the meatloaf cupcakes (meatcakes?) do. Same temp as for loaf (350) and usually they're browned in around 30 minutes, including time to take the pan out of the oven and baste with glaze.

bella s.f.
bella s.f. January 7, 2011

What a great idea! I really like meatballs and have a growing repertoire of recipes from a wide range of cuisines. Now I'm thinking about some of the meatloaves we like. Cajun meatballs. Sounds good. Bobby Flay's balsamic meatballs. Ditto. Thanks for sharing.