prune juice

I have 4 5 oz cans of prune juice. How can I use them? I thought about a chocolate cake, using the juice as the liquid.

asked by Juliann about 3 years ago

Donna

Hi Juliann, I have a recipe on my blog for an orange pound cake with a prune filling. It only uses 3/4 cup prune juice. But, it's a very good cake. Maybe take a look? http://aredbinder.com/2014/03/orange-pound-cake-with-prune-filling.html

Prune juice makes a great braising liquid for beef stew. Use 2 cups for approx 3 lbs of beef.

I make a version of this stew a few times a year. It's delicious. You could substitute prune juice for the Apple cider or water. I think it would be fabulous.

max jaffa

Cocktails eg Muddy Mary, 2/3 juice 1/3 vodka prep the same way but use Tabasco instead of Worcester .