🔕 🔔

Nesco Roasting

I saw a method where you spread your dressing in the bottom of a pan and place a cut up Turkey on the dressing so the dressing soaks up the Turkey juice while cooking.....I really like the idea of cutting up the Turkey, but I dont want to use up my oven space as I usually do it in the Nesco.....Could this method be done in the Nesco?

asked by Lynn Gudmanson over 1 year ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Nesco's website has a recipe for cooking a stuffed turkey (http://www.nesco.com/recipes...), so I don't know why it wouldn't work to cook the two in layers. Good luck!

My concern is the dressing in the bottom of the Nesco pan, worried it would burn before the Turkey would be done

Oh yes, for some reason I was thinking of Michael Ruhlman's Roast/Braise Method (http://ruhlman.com/2011...) and was thinking that you were starting with the turkey roasted, and then finishing it in pieces over the stuffing, not starting with raw turkey pieces, in which case I agree, I think you would end up with over-cooked dressing. Could you start the turkey in the Nesco and then add in the dressing (moving the turkey pieces to the top) part-way through?

Ya...Not what I wanted to do, but it may be the only way.....I was thinking if all else fails, I would start the turkey, take it out after a while with its juices and then put the stuffing on the bottom and put the turkey back on the top.....Is that what you were saying?

Yup, that was my thought. Good luck!