🔕 🔔

I'm making your Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Sage tomorrow. How much of this can I prepare today?

I'm driving 2 hours to my food destination. Will it keep to the afternoon if I roast the brussels sprouts tomorrow morning?

asked by Maria Setticase over 1 year ago
5dd58b70 52d5 415a 8478 ba9053b33e62  kenzi
Kenzi Wilbur

Kenzi is the Managing Editor of Food52.

It will keep! We're all fans of room-temp roasted veg. If you like, you can get rid of their chill with a quick stint in a low oven. They won't be quite as crisp as if you made them right before you served, but they'll still be great.

Deb82d16 cecc 4f1f 868a 031700ad2ca0  leslie stephens food copy
Leslie Stephens

Assistant Editor, Food52

Yes you can! But if you can add the pancetta separately once you get there and keep it packed on ice until then, I might consider warming it separately then adding it there—with all the rendered fat and goof stuff :)

Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

You can make the whole thing today. If you can, also take a baking sheet with you tomorrow to reheat them They'll be crisper than if you reheat them in a serving dish.