I'm making your Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Sage tomorrow. How much of this can I prepare today?

I'm driving 2 hours to my food destination. Will it keep to the afternoon if I roast the brussels sprouts tomorrow morning?

Kenzi Wilbur
Kenzi Wilbur November 25, 2015

It will keep! We're all fans of room-temp roasted veg. If you like, you can get rid of their chill with a quick stint in a low oven. They won't be quite as crisp as if you made them right before you served, but they'll still be great.

Leslie Stephens
Leslie Stephens November 25, 2015

Yes you can! But if you can add the pancetta separately once you get there and keep it packed on ice until then, I might consider warming it separately then adding it there—with all the rendered fat and goof stuff :)

Maria Setticase
Maria Setticase November 25, 2015

Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

ChefJune November 25, 2015

You can make the whole thing today. If you can, also take a baking sheet with you tomorrow to reheat them They'll be crisper than if you reheat them in a serving dish.