Accidentally added 1/4 cup brown sugar to my turkey wing stock for gravy. Tastes a little sugary. Any suggestions?

Accidentally added 1/4 cup brown sugar to my turkey wing stock forgravy. Tastes a little sugary. Any suggestions?

asked by Midnite Baker almost 3 years ago

Dilute until the sugar taste is minimal or acceptable. This may give you lots of stock, so freeze extra for future. If the stock you have after dilution is also weak on other tastes (quite possible), add some more roasted vegetables or bones you may have around.

Lucytron

When over-salting happens, you can use a potato to absorb the excess seasoning, could be worth a shot to see if it works on sugar.