🔕 🔔

I'm cooking at 6000+ elevation. I am making a gratin with potatoes, celery root and parsnips. Do you recommend parboiling everything first?

I have about an hour of oven time while the turkey is resting. Using stock and cream for the liquid.

asked by Marjan Safinia about 2 years ago

F482de2d 3823 4a91 8922 30d427ece2d7  photo 2
Amanda Sims

Amanda is the Design & Home Editor at Food52

I don't think parboiling is necessary (especially since your vegetables are sliced thinly in a gratin). Just follow the recipe but bake the dish a little longer than stated, 5 to 10 minutes to start—and if the top gets dark, just cover and keep it in there until bubbly throughout!