🔕 🔔

Turkey is cooking too fast!

I have over 2 hours until serving time and this turkey is only 20 degrees away from being done. Should I turn off the oven for a while? Lower the temp?

asked by Doede almost 5 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Is it close to 165 with a thermometer? It would be better to take it our when it's done than have an overcooked turkey. You could lower the temp to 325 if its been cooking at a higher temp.
A cooked turkey will stay warm for quite sometime so even if it's done 1 1/2 hours before serving time, it should be ok. After it's been resting for 30 min, tent it loosely with foil