Are sunflower seeds a hoax? Where do they come from? Sunflowers? Impossible. How many sunflower fields have you seen? What are sunflower seeds really? Answer please.

asked by jidorman about 8 years ago

thirschfeld

No it isn't and I guess you have never been to Kansas. They grow them in huge fields, as does France, and a single sunflower will hold about as many seeds as about 8 ears of corn would hold kernels.

TheWimpyVegetarian

No hoax! I've seen large fields of them growing around the Sacramento California area too. Thousands of them - so beautiful.

fskipper

They come from special flowers that grown on the sun, bro. Totally. This dude at my frat said sorority girls in bikinis pick them for pillow fights. Did you take science in school?

They come from the amazon.com warehouse. Sconeman is hooked on these: http://www.amazon.com/Jim...

mkimball1

If you don't know that sunflower seeds come from sunflowers, then I shudder at the thought of what else you might not know. Do chicken eggs come from chickens? Have you ever seen a field of hens? Impossible!