Mashed potatoes are like glue.

I made my mashed potatoes with margarine and 2%milk. I used electric mixer. They're like glue now.

asked by Karl over 2 years ago

Leslie Stephens
Leslie Stephens

Assistant Editor, Food52

I would suggest adding more cream or milk and butter and mixing until they come to the right texture! What recipe did you use?

Ali Slagle

All hope is not lost! Here are some tips from one of our posts:

Make a well in the top of gluey potatoes, put a pat of butter in it to melt, and sprinkle on a little paprika. This will hide all ills. And, as with the aforementioned turkey, don't forget the gravy.

https://food52.com/blog...

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Karl, you probably overworked the potatoes in the mixer and the starches got released too much. It happens often with the mixer. I am afraid that it is a difficult thing to fix. You could add an egg or two, and some shredded cheese, a pinch of nutmeg, make them into patties or gnocchi and finish in the over.