A question about a recipe: Serrano Ham and Manchego Croquetas with Smoked Pimentón Aioli

A800fc01 94e8 401a 9f90 8110bbb1dd0a  food52 12 13 11 2809

I have a question about the recipe "Serrano Ham and Manchego Croquetas with Smoked Pimentón Aioli" from Sonali aka the Foodie Physician. Can I fry these ahead of time and hold them in a warm oven for say an hour? Will they stay crispy or go all soggy on me? Thank you!!

asked by Rowena Low almost 3 years ago

LE BEC FIN

yes, you'll be fine. try 200-250 degrees F. This recipe worked really well for me.

Rowena Low

Thank you very much!

Sonali aka the Foodie Physician

Yes, they will hold for an hour in a low temperature oven. I usually make them before my guests arrive and they stay crispy. I hope you like the recipe!

Rowena Low

Thank you so much, I am excited to try these. I just saw keg52's comment that these fried croquettes can be frozen and reheated, which am even more stoked to try them!