🔕 🔔

Jaime Oliver's chicken in milk - curdling?

I added lemon juice to the milk - not fresh, but jarred juice. When I went back to mix before throwing in the oven - there was a cottage cheese like something going on. It's in there now. Second time I'm making this - LOVED IT the first time, but I can't remember if this happened then or not. What do you all say? Thanks thanks

asked by Stephanie almost 2 years ago

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Yes, it curdles - same as a traditional Italian pork roast braised in milk. Those curds are actually quite delicious! But if that texture doesn't appeal to you, you could remove the chicken and use a hand blender to puree the curds, I think.

Thank you!!! I'm happy the curds then!!

The recipe calls for lemon peel, not lemon juice, so my guess is that you have an Uber curdle. Did you use lemon juice the first time as well? I've actually been tempted to add a little lemon juice, so do let us know how it turns out.

0a62c55f 38bb 4f00 aefc 1de6685070d9  stringio

This recipe always curdles with the lemon peel alone.

I'm aware of that. I make it quite often. I was tempted to also use fresh lemon juice to add to the flavor not because I was looking for more curds.

Thanks, All! So - it was delicious again, but.. It was not nearly as sophisticated as the my first go with the recipe. I'm thinking I got it right that time and only put the zest. It was still good, but different and not as elegant in taste.